FAQS Armenia


  •    Australia

    Q) What entry requirements do I need to satisfy before I can study in Australia?

    A)  These vary between study programs and levels. Australian Agency will help you identify and satisfy the entry requirements of your chosen course. For each course you will need to meet a minimum English language requirement.

    Q) What is the weather like in Australia?


    Australia is diverse in its geography and climate. Our country is located in the southern hemisphere. This means Australia's summer starts in December and winter begins in June. Nearly a third of Australia is in the tropics where the average temperatures are in the mid 20 degrees Celsius. The southern areas are in a temperate zone

    Q) How much does Australian Education cost?


    The cost can be categorized on the basis of level of programs

    • Diploma Programs : AUD 8,000 - AUD 15,000 per year
    • Bachelor’s Degrees: AUD 9,000 - AUD 24,000 per year
    • Master’s Degrees   : AUD 9,000 - AUD 25,000 per year

    Q) What can I do in my spare time?


    Australia offers many different lifestyle and activity choices. These vary depending on your choice of university and community.

    Both your campus and community will have lots of extra curricula activities on offer. These include music, drama, sports and outdoors activities. Australian Agency can also help you with all travel arrangements to see more of Australia during your down-time.

    Q) Do I need a student visa to study in Australia?

    A)  Yes. Australian Agency has been handling student visas for over a decade. We can guide you through this process to ensure your documentation is complete and correct so your student visa is granted quickly

    Q) Can international students work while completing their studies?

    A)  Student visa holders are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during their study in Australia. The spouses of Masters and PhD students can work unlimited hours

    Q) What happens if my application to study in Australia is unsuccessful?

    A)  Unsuccessful applications are often due to entry requirements not being met. Australian Agency will help you meet these requirements and advise you on other available study options in your chosen field.

    Q) What are Australian university semester dates?

    A)  Generally Australian universities have two semesters. The first is from February to June and the second from July to November. This can vary somewhat between universities

    Q) What is vocational and technical education?

    Australia's Vocational and Technical Education (VTE) system is often referred to as Technical and Vocational Education (TVE) in other countries.

    VTE delivers training that is practical and career-oriented. Courses include: computing, business studies, marketing, tourism and hospitality. VTE is also available in Australian schools.

    Q) Can I change my program of study after I have arrived in Australia?

    A)  Yes. You will need to get necessary permission from your university. If you change qualifications you may also need to submit a new student visa application.


    Q) When should I start the application process?

    A)  We recommend that you start researching the University / Colleges you want to apply to approximately one year in advance. It will take you this long to go through the complete application process which includes - identifying which institution best suits your needs and in turn if you fit into their applicant criteria, apply to the University, wait for a response from them & visa application process.

    Q) What are the main intakes?

    A)  For Universities, the primary intake is in September / Fall Session, although very few do allow for a January / Winter Session intake. For Colleges, there are usually 3 intakes in a year: September; January; May.

    Q) Is there an application fee for the institutions in Canada?

    A)  Yes, most universities and colleges have an application fee that can vary from CDN$100 - $250. These fees must be submitted in the form of a Canadian Dollar draft or paid via a credit card along with the application.

    Q) Do I need to appear for an English Fluency Test?

    A)  Yes, it is highly recommended that you appear for one of the internationally recognized English proficiency tests - IELTS or TOEFL. The minimum test scores required vary, but generally TOEFL scores of 90-102 or IELTS band of 6.0 - 6.5 are accepted. For Masters Level higher scores are requested by most Universities. (We recommend that you always check with the institution agent for exact admission requirements)

    Q) What is the Cost of Studying in Canada?

    A)  Studying in Canada is not free, but it is quite affordable when compared to other western countries. The overall cost to study in Canada, for an international student, depends on the needs and 'lifestyle' of individual students. The tuition level and living costs vary with universities and cities. Generally, the international students require between CDN $15,000 and CDN $26,000, depending on their school and program.

    The Average academic tuition fees for colleges and universities are as:
    • College: CDN $9,000 – CDN $12,000 (annually)
    • University Transfer Program (UTP): CDN $9,000 – CDN $12,000 (annually)
    • University Foundations Program: CDN $9,000 – CDN $11,000 (annually)
    • University: CDN $10,000 – CDN $16,000 (annually)

    Q) What are the housing options available?

    Canada puts forward three types of housing options for the international students:
    • Home stay
    • Dormitory
    • Private Accommodations
    The home stay helps the students to have a Canadian living and learning experience. The dormitory provides reasonable accommodation for the students within the campus. Students who prefer to find their own accommodation can get their private accommodations with the help of newspapers or by checking with the campus

    Q) Can I take my spouse while I am studying?

    If you plan to study full time, your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit. She/he must pass a medical exam. An offer of employment is not required. This open work permit is appropriate if your spouse is accompanying you but is not a student. In your study permit application, you should indicate that your spouse will accompanying you to Canada. You could mention in your application cover letter that you want an open work permit for your spouse.

    If you spouse wishes to study here, she/he should apply for his or her own study permit.

    Q) Can I work while studying?

    A)  Yes , your study permit allows you to work both on/off campus , you are allowed to work off campus for up to 20hours per week during  a regular academic session and full time during  scheduled breaks.

    Q) Can I stay in Canada after graduation?

    A)  If you studied full time at a qualifying school for at least 8 months, you can apply for a post-graduate work permit within 90days of receiving your final marks. Your study permit must be valid at the time of your application. The PGWP is issued for the same duration as your studies, but for a minimum of 8 months and maximum of 3 years.

    Q) I have changed schools. Do I need a new study permit?

    Most post - secondary student may changes their school, program or field of study without needing to apply for new study permit. The same applies for post-secondary students changing their level of study ( Eg from bachelor's to master program ), it is advice to check your study permit to verify whether the study permit restricts you to studying at  particular school or program.

    If you transfer to a school in Quebec, you will need to apply for CAQ, if necessary a new study permit.


    Q) What types of degree do French universities offer?

    A)  French universities offer three levels of degree: the license (completed in three years), the master (requiring an additional two years) and the doctorate (usually an additional three years). Master’s degrees are classified as either ‘research’ (designed for those intending to progress to a doctorate) or ‘professional’ (for those intending to enter the workplace).

    Q) How much are living costs in France?

    A)  Living costs are higher in Paris than elsewhere in France. Campus France recommends a monthly budget of €1,000 for students in Paris, and €800 for those outside the capital.

    Q) How much are tuition fees at French universities?

    A)  France's public universities offer higher education at a very low cost, with only nominal fees charged. Rates for each year are set nationally, with the same low fees charged to both domestic and international students. As of 2014-15, annual rates are €189.10 for licence programs, €261.10 for master’s programs, €396.10 for doctoral programs and €615.10.

    Whereas for private institutions, fees are significantly higher, though still fairly modest in a global context. Private fees are likely to be in the range of €3,000 to €10,000 (US$3,200-10,900) per year, though leading business schools may charge up to €30,000.

    Q) Can I stay and work in France after I graduate?

    A)  In order to stay on and work in France after graduating, you’ll need to apply for a change of residency status; this can be done via the local prefecture once an offer of employment has been received and accepted. Alternatively, international students graduating at master’s level or above can seek permission to extend their student residence permits for up to a year. During this time they can work for up to 60% of the legal working week without applying for a change of status, unless their earnings exceed 150% of the minimum wage (€9.61 per hour as of January 2015); if this is the case they must apply for full-time employment status.

    Q) Can I work in France during the course of my study?

    A)  France being open and warm to all cultures can be as snug as home. Students can start working here during their study also. International students are entitled to work part time up to 20 hours a week off campus. The minimum guaranteed salary in France as per the government legislation is €8.71 per hour.

    Q) Is there any requirement of qualifying any tests before applying?

    A)  Mostly the GMAT may be required for the MBAs and certain other management programmes (there are several MBAs that also accept without the GMAT score. GRE is definitely not required).

    Most institutes are comfortable with the level of English and do not necessarily ask for a TOEFL or IELTS (some exceptions exist, especially if they cannot ascertain the level of linguistic competence of the student in a telephonic interview). If the course is in French then a standard test like the DELF, TCF or DALF may be asked. The TCF is hosted by all the Alliances in the month of February


    Q) What are the living expenses?

    A)  Living expenses will differ depending upon the location of the institution, the type of accommodation preferred and on the personal expenditure of the student. On an average we estimate that a student will spend between €7500 and €12,000 per year depending on location and lifestyle.

    Q) What are the options for staying in Ireland after studies?

    A)  There are many opportunities for international students to work in Ireland both during and after their studies. The opportunities available include part time or holiday work

    Q) What is the right time to apply for visas?

    A)  Apply for your visa well in advance and allow six to eight weeks for your application to be processed if you are applying overseas.

    Q) Do I need to have the Medical insurance?

    A)  Student from EU member states who are in possession of European health insurance card (EHIC) are entitled to public health service in Ireland. This card is available from health authority in your home country.

    For student from Non-EU countries, you will be required to have medical insurance in place in order to be granted a visa.

    Q) Can I bring my husband, wife, civil partner or children to Ireland while I study?

    A)  In general, non-EEA students have no rights to family reunification. Some exceptions to this policy are outlined below.

    Partners/spouses and children will have to make their own visa applications as they cannot advance their application for permission to enter or reside in Ireland on the basis of their relationship to a registered non-EEA student.

    Students will not be allowed to be joined by children except those born during their stay

    Q) Are there Scholarship?

    A)  Yes. A small number of scholarships for overseas student are available from the Universities and colleges.

    These are awarded solely at the discretion of the individual institutions who set down their own criteria for eligibility

    Q) Cost of studying in Ireland

    A)  Tuition fees vary depending on the institution and the study programme. The following is only a general range:
    • Medicine related courses: Euro 29000 to Euro 42000
    • Engineering: Euro 9100 to Euro 20300
    • Science and Technology: Euro 9100 to Euro 20300
    • Business related: Euro 9100 to Euro 16500
    • Arts and Humanities: Euro 9100 to Euro 15500
    • 1 Euro = INR 55 approximately

    Q) Will my visa be valid for multiple trips to Ireland?

    A)  A - All visa applications for long term stays in Ireland, e.g. for work or study purposes, will be valid for one trip only. Once the candidate has registered with the GNIB you may apply for a multi- journey re-entry visa.

    If a candidate have held 2 previous Irish visas and have observed the conditions of these visas – e.g. have not overstayed or worked illegally, then he/she may apply for a multi-entry visa.

       New Zealand

    Q) Why to study in New Zealand ?

    A)  New Zealand also has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. It offers a safe learning environment which provides excellent study opportunities and support services for international students.

    Q) What are the living expenses?

    A)  On an average, an international student spends about 800 – 1000 NZ$ per month on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport & other costs. It is important to note that individual’s cost may vary as per their location, course & lifestyle

    Q) Can I work while am studying?

    A)  All international students are allowed to work part time up to 20 hours per week & full time during summer holidays. NZ follows minimum wage system; current minimum wage for an employee is 12 NZ$ per hour

    Q) Can my spouse accompany me during my studies in NZ?

    A)  Spouse of students going for PG course or courses in Long term skilled shortage area can get Full time work permit. Spouse of students going to UG courses if willing, to accompany their partners can apply for a visitor visa.

    Q) Are Scholarships available?

    A)  Most international students study in New Zealand on a full fee payment basis. New Zealand doctoral research scholarships are a significant educational opportunity as here international student only pays domestic fees & many times also support students with Living & travel allowance.

    Q) What is TTS ?

    A)  TTS is company responsible for carrying out some of immigration New Zealands administrative work like accepting application from candidate and posted to New Zealand High commission.

    Q) Where can I obtain Police Clearance certificate?

    A)  Certificate for police clearance can be obtained from regional passport office Or it can also be obtained from the deputy commissioner of police/ superintendent of police for the area of your residence.

    Q) What are the options available after completing my studies in NZ?

    A)  Students finishing courses of Level 5 or higher level are eligible for 1 year job search visa when they can work full time & look for a job in relevant area of study. Once student get offered full time job offer in relevant area of study they can apply for PR or Work Permit depending on their eligibility. Long term skilled shortage list of popular field in demand with good job prospects can be viewed on immigration.

    Q) Do I need Medical Certificate if so where can I get it?

    A)  All the applicant required to submit the medical certificate and it can be obtained from panel doctors as per the immigration of newzealand.

    Q) When should I apply for the transfer of visa?

    A)  If the applicant passport has a valid visa and got expired, then the applicant has to apply for visa to transfer from old passport to new passport.


    Q) what is the cost of studies in Switzerland?

    A)  The cost per student for primary to tertiary education is $12,000. Which is the highest amount of any OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) member country.

    Q) Why study in Switzerland?

    A)  Switzerland is known worldwide for its high-quality and varied education system. Switzerland has been famous for its excellence in hotel management education.

    Q) Is it possible to work while studying in Switzerland?

    A)  You are not allowed to finance your studies through work, although you can normally work to earn extra money. There are restrictions on the number of hours you are allowed to do this; the precise rules depend on the canton.

    Q) what is the scholarship process in Switzerland?

    A)  The scholarships are offered in principle to foreign governments. The applications have to be submitted for a preliminary selection to the national institution in charge and the Swiss diplomatic representation in the student’s country of origin. There are no scholarships available for programmes that start in the spring semester.

    Q) How can I study in Switzerland?

    A)  Switzerland, you will need to know the details of all the Swiss institutions of higher learning to decide where to apply. Don't forget that English is not one of Switzerland's national languages, so only a restricted number of courses are taught in it. If you don't speak German, French or Italian, you should be sure to ask about the language of instruction.

    Q) what are the languages used in Switzerland?

    A)  There are 4 national languages spoken in Switzerland; German (spoken by 63.7%), French (spoken by 20.4%), Italian (spoken by 6.5%) and Romansch (spoken by 0.5%).

    Q) what are the courses offering by Switzerland universities?

    A)  There are various courses for UG, PG and PhD. MBA is the most preferred course by Indian candidates in Switzerland.

    Q) Is there any part-time jobs available in Switzerland?

    A)  Students can work alongside with their studies. In fact, the student residence permit allows for profit-earning activity, as long your university provides a statement confirming that your employment will not prolong the length of your studies.

    Q) What is the medium of study in Switzerland?

    A)  Depending upon the curriculum, the medium of study can be English, German, French, or Italian. Please check with the program to see the teaching language. Research scholarships are usually in English. Generally, from the Master level onwards engineering and natural sciences studies are also in English.


    Q) Why study in UK?

    A)  The UK has numerous Universities offering a number of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Universities accept 15 yrs (12+3) of education for entering into their PG programs. The duration of most of the undergraduate degrees is for three years and, Master degrees for one year hence saving you cost and time! Many degrees provide good links with business and professional organizations. You will gain world-class qualifications, a brighter future and unforgettable student experience.

    Q) What is a Tier 4 student visa?

    A)  Students coming to the UK under a Tier 4 student visa require a university or other UK educational institution on the register of sponsors to sponsor them. They also need to score enough points to be accepted as an international student in the UK

    Q) What is CAS for student visa in UK?

    A)  Student must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). All universities must have been given or applied for Highly Trusted Status (HTS) on the UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor list (30 points). 'A rated' colleges can also issue CAS numbers.

    Q) How long does it take to get a student visa to the UK?

    A)  Student can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the start of your course. Student should get a decision on their visa within 3 weeks. 

    Q) What are the entry criteria for Postgraduate, Undergraduate and MBA course?

    A)  Different courses at different universities have different entry requirements and some of the courses need prior work experience. The student must also fulfill the requirement for English language by either giving IELTS or TOEFL if asked by the university. 

    Q) Can an International Student opt to stay for work after studying in UK?

    A)  Yes, you can stay and work after completing your studies provided you meet all the requirements of UK Border Agency.

    Q) What does it mean to have an established presence in the UK?

    A)  A student has an established presence of studying in the UK if: student  have current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, as a student, or as a postgraduate doctor or dentist when applying for further leave and on the date of application;

    Q) What is an ATAS clearance certificate and do I need it?

    A)  An ATAS clearance certificate is necessary for International students looking to undertake a postgraduate masters or research course in some engineering, science, or technology subjects. ATAS is not required for undergraduate students.

    Q) Can I appeal against the refusal?

    A)  If you’re outside the UK You will not have right to appeal, however, the process of administrative review may be available to you If you feel a mistake has been made by the UKVI in assessing your visa application. This will involve the reassessment of your visa application by a different UKVI official.

    Q) Can I extend my visa once I am in the UK?

    A)  If must have entered the UK with a valid student visa to study in the UK, you can apply to extend your visa subject to complying with the immigration rules

    A student visitor visa cannot be extended. A new application for a visitor visa must be made from your home country as you cannot apply from inside the UK


    Q) Right program to which I can apply?

    A)  USA is having more than 4000 Universities & Colleges providing with numerous courses & Specializations in it. They offer Bachelor programs, Master programs and Doctorate specializations. So, choosing a right course with a specialization is the first step towards your academic career goal.

    Q) What are the Requirements for US universities?

    A)  Universities are having their own set policies & regulations to offer any Admission into the US universities. Each US University is having its own requirements for each program.

    Q) What are the tests required to apply for US Universities?

    A)  Either GRE or GMAT and IELTS or TOEFL is required by most of the Universities for Masters Program. SAT or ACT and IELTS or TOEFL is required by most of the Universities for Bachelors program. In place of IELTS or TOEFL, PTE is also acceptable by few Universities.

    Q) Are there any scholarships available in the US Universities?

    A)  Yes. Most of the Universities in the US offers funding, but depends on the funds available in the university & the profiles of the each individual.

    Q) What is CPT?

    A)  Curricular Practical Training is a temporary authorization for practical training directly related to your major field of intended study. "Practical training" can include employment, internship experience (paid or unpaid), cooperative (co-op) education experience, practicum participation, etc. CPT may be part-time (20 hours per week or less) or full-time (more than 20 hours per week).

    Q) What is OPT?

    A)  Optional Practical Training is meant to give an opportunity for students to work in their field of study.  It is typically given for 12 months for all degree holders, with an option to extend for 17 months for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Degree holders.

    Q) Does this CPT effect to my OPT?

    A)  Yes. If you accumulate 12 months of full-time CPT authorization, you lose your eligibility for Optional Practical Training (OPT), another type of employment authorization for F-1 students. Part-time CPT and fewer than 12 months of full-time CPT authorization does not affect your OPT eligibility.

    Q) Is SEVIS Fee and how much it costs?

    A)  The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is the Web-based system that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) uses to maintain information on Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools, F-1 and M-1 students who come to the United States to attend those schools, U.S. Department of State-designated Exchange Visitor Program sponsors and J-1 visa Exchange Visitor Program participants.

    The cost of SEVIS Fees is 200 USD.

    Q) I have received my Student visa, when should I travel?

    A)  Students (F1 or M1) and Exchange Visitors (J1) may travel within 30 days of the commencement of the course of study stated on your I-20/DS-2019, respectively - regardless of how early your visa was issued
Send me regular updates and alerts